Do you like to snack, but find yourself reaching for anything you can get your hands on? Well there is nothing wrong with snacking between main meals. It can actually assist with weight management/loss, avoid binge eating and minimise cravings.
So here is a delicious Protein Chocolate Slice Recipe which is super easy to make and perfect to snack on, have as a dessert or even breakfast on the go.
• 1/2 cup of protein powder (I used ATP science Vanilla Caramel as that is all I had)
• 1/2 cup oat flour
• 1/2 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
• 1 cup shredded coconut (plus extra for decorating)
• 2 wheat-bix (crushed)
• 2 tbs of cocao
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup oil (coconut, rice-bran, olive) - I used olive oil as that is all I had
• 1/3 cup milk
• 2tbs natural honey or 100% pure maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla essence
• 100g of dark chocolate (preferably 70% or higher) – for topping
1. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together
2. In another bowl whisk wet ingredients until well combined
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix together until well combined
4. Press into slice tray and bake in a moderate oven for approx. 20min
5. Once cooled, melt dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave
6. Spread a thin layer over the top of cooled slice and sprinkle with coconut or crushed nuts
The team at The Friendlies Chemist are the authors of this news feed.